Record AIM Video Calls
AIM, AOL instant messenger, was developed by AOL Inc. in 1997. It helps people connect with the other people through texting, audio and video chatting, which provide a convenient platform for users to communicate in real time.
Compare with texting and audio chatting communication forms, video chatting enjoys increasing popularity. Then some people want to record AIM video calls so that they can save the memorable moments on computer as everlasting collection.
All the procedures of recording AIM video calls
Section 1: make settings for AIM
1. Log in your AIM account.
2. Click Options or Menu at the top of the Buddy list window. And press settings in the drop-down list.
3. In the setting window, press “Enhanced IM” to check “Video IM” button. And choose microphone, speaker and camera for your recording.
4. Double click one person in the buddies list, and click Option in the IM window to choose “Start Video Chat” selection.
And your buddy will receive a video invitation right now. If your buddy accepts your invitation, then the video window will open, and you can see your friend on video window.
If you want to record webcam video from AIM, Screen Recording Suite is the best AIM video chat recorder.
Section 2: use this program to record AIM video chat
1. Download and install the AIM video chat recorder on your computer, and launch it.
2. Click “Options” to define hotkeys, customize output folder, choose audio input and make related settings about recording AIM video calls.
3. When you are ready to record video chats on AIM, you can use the program to record.
Multiple ways of how to record video from AIM with this screen recording program
Method 1: custom area
This program provides many video to record video from screen. “Custom Area” enables you to choose any portion to record. Click “Custom Area”, and it will ask you to drag the mouse to select recording region. You can select the AIM video window to record video chats on AIM.
Method 2: select window
Select window is another recording mode of the AIM video chat recorder. Just click “Select Window” tab and it will pop up a window. Drag the finder tool over the AIM video window to record webcam video from AIM.
Method 3: around mouse
“Around Mouse” enables you to record the video according to where your mouse is. While you can customize the region around the mouse in “Option”→“MISC” by dragging the selection handle or inputting the value in the given box. When recording, you just need to place the mouse over the AVI video window, and it will record AIM Video Calls.
Using this screen recorder, you can record video from AIM in several ways. When you finish recording, just click “Stop”.
Tip: click “Folder” to view the recordings straightway.
The default video format of the recording is WMV video format, if you want the file to be another format, you can click “Convert” to help you transfer the format.